October 31, 2010

Arkona

Let me introduce you with my favourite band! ^^

Arkona (Russian: Аркона) is a Russian pagan metal band. Their lyrics are heavily influenced by Russian folklore and Slavic mythology, and their music incorporates several traditional Russian musical instruments. The name of the band "Arkona" refers to the last pagan Slavic city-castle.





The band was founded in 2002 and have published five albums, the last one Goi, Rode, Goi! being released on October 28, 2009, one demo, one compilation and two live DVDs.



 I wanted to put more videos but don't know how xD
Enjoy! ^^

25 comments:

  1. I got to check out more of this band! Awesome music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome band, I'll have to check them out. and have a Blessed Samhain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite to my tastes, but very impressive, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a pretty big fan of metal. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow back when i left russia there were no such bands :/
    there was only DDT and Kino and DETSL -.-

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha dobra pjesma.. svidja mi se

    ReplyDelete
  7. its fun to find rare bands like this 9outside of north america)
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete